Affichage des résultats 1 à 20 sur 20

Discussion: The kindness topic

Membre Confirmé Avatar de Stockholm
    Année
    DES 4

Smile The kindness topic

This is a place where people can talk about their problems, and where they can find kindness and friendship... Which is different from the "la vie du mauvais côté", where people don't give you a hankie to cry in...

To begin with, a big to all those who've been trashed in other topics.

EverGrin : don't bother about Raminagrobis and I, that was just mean of us . Feel at home on the english section.
    No power in the 'Verse can stop me.

Membre Confirmé Avatar de EverGrin
    Année
    DES 5

Par défaut

did somebody trash me in other threads?

i dont get what you mean maybe its your english maybe not.....

edit: i get it....but don't worry i'm not afraid of speaking english and i've read HP
    anyway you are a bit nuts aren't you

Année
    DES 4

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par EverGrin Voir le message
    anyway you are a bit nuts aren't you
    We're spotted, Raminagrobis !!!
    Please don't warn the psychatrists

Membre Confirmé Avatar de Tite Elo

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par Stockholm Voir le message
    This is a place where people can talk about their problems, and where they can find kindness and friendship... Which is different from the "la vie du mauvais côté", where people don't give you a hankie to cry in...
    Do you got issues you wanna talk about ?? ... Just kidding

Anyways, since this is the "Kindness topic", I must say, Stockholm, that I'm quite impressed by your English. You speak it - or perhaps should I say "write it" ? - very well !

Bye bye !

Année
    DES 4

Par défaut

I'm answering, because I know exactly what you're talking about. Being shy isn't easy, with some people trying to get you feel guilty about it... "you say you don't like that situation, but you're doing nothing to change it, you should force yourself etc etc"
    I expect we should just say "ok, right, I'm shy, I don't like to talk in public, I don't like to go out, but that's me and I'm not gonna change it to please someone." That's not easy, specially when these people have been your friends, but, once you assume that you'd rather talk with one people at once and stay at home with a good book rather than trying to go out and get a boyfriend just for the sake of it, you feel great ! And free, too.

Année
    DES 4

Par défaut

You shouldn't feel guilty about that. It's just the way you are ! If your friends can't put up with it, they're not real friends, who take you the way you are.

There's no guilt in liking to be lonely. Some people hate being alone, others like it, that's all ! And maybe it's more interesting to enjoy being alone sometimes, because it leaves you time for doing interesting things, like reading, listening to music you like, drawing or doing any other stuff !

Membre Confirmé Avatar de kurt
    Année
    DES 2

Par défaut

etc
    i've always thought english speecking people wrote ASO (meaning "and so on") instead of our french "etc"
    but anyway, since "et cetera" is a latin expression, I guess it can be used in english to...

@Kisa
    being shy is nothing to be ashamed of. it's just something you need to work on 'cause we can't be shy infront of patients who will one day rely on us!
    i don't know why stockholm links being shy and enjoying quality time on your own...
    i'm not shy (any more ) but I still like to be alone and can't think of ever sharing my flat with a roommate (one M??).
    you just need to make an effort from time to time to realize you're not as shy as you were yesterday!
    maybe speacking on a forum is a step before speacking in real life.
    being shy is bad for our job but being lonely is part of it in some way...
    good luck for your come out
    "if you talk to God, you're religious. if God talks to you, you're psychotic" Gregory House, MD XD
    =>le site des internes de Med G Grenoble!<=

Membre Confirmé Avatar de Loulou 86
    Année
    DES 1

Par défaut Re : The kindness topic

Being shy isn't easy everyday, that's for sure.
    But that's not what I'd like to talk about tonight (this topic is almost dead; before it goes to cardiac arrest I'm trying an amp of atropine lol Hope it'll boost the rythm!).

My trouble is I can't find time enough to do, well,... everything: read, learn, eat, sleep...
    Is it just because I'm in sixth year or not? Probably not I've never been well organised!
    On the other hand we have so many things to do and so little time... (that's life, why he is complaining anyway?!)

How do you cope with this situation?
    Craigh nà Duhn
    Idées cadeaux => www.oxfam.org/fr
    Interne en Guadeloupe

Membre Confirmé Avatar de dots
    Année
    Interne

I have been complaining about this for a while too, but actually, we're just lazy bastards.
    Here's an exercice: at the end of one day, think of all you have been doing that day, and the time spent on ... lets say tv, internet, going out or whatever. You'll soon realise you have plenty of time that you dont use well. There's also one problem, this society has sucked out our concentration skills, we can't focus on things anymore...

(this didnt help the debate, this is bringing life to the topic, but i wanted to type in english, it has been a while )
    Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination.

Année
    DES 1

Citation Envoyé par dots Voir le message
    this is bringing life to the topic, but i wanted to type in english, it has been a while )
    This was the main idea of my previous message and I suppose the statement above can be understood by almost everyone (in medecine as well as visitors from other universities/jobs/...).
    What we can agree on is this: our studies are time consuming. But of course it could be far worse... We have electricity, access to water, etc etc
    Craigh nà Duhn
    Interne en Guadeloupe

Année
    DES 4

Well, we could be witch-doctors in a far off land, stitching wounds with moose bowel-thread and curing fever with some willow bark... It's true we don't have time to do anything - hospital in the morning, lessons in the afternoon and/or evening, things to learn, internet to surf... We don't earn much, which is quite a problem for some of us, and we don't have much leasure time. As one of my friend says : "This year, everything we'll be able to do will be to buy shoes on the internet and send them back because they don't fit ". Next year (or the year after ) will be still worse, I'm afraid... But heck, we love it, don't we ? It was hard enough to get on the train, we're not going to back away, are we ? (Mmm, question-tags... love them... )

So in fact we're left with nothing, but complaining. And we sure enjoy it, because, when you look coolly at our situation, it's fairly bad, so we have good reasons to complain ! No workers' union would accept our working conditions - none. And yet we bear it.

Another proof that you have to be nuts to be a doctor ?

Membre Confirmé Avatar de dots
    Année
    Interne

Well, we could be witch-doctors in a far off land, stitching wounds with moose bowel-thread and curing fever with some willow bark...
    I can't help thinking of a crazy VP wannabe when i read this dear Stockholm

By the way, i'm not complaining anymore, i'm an intern now I'll even get paid this month, for the first time.
    I think i'll definitely buy dozens of boots, shoes, bags and other girly stuff, and i'm not even ashamed to say it ha ha
    Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination.

Année
    DES 1

You're so right!
    Medecine/surgery is about complaining about our (future) conditions and to complain about our colleagues!
    Ok, well sorry if I'm killing the initial topic... But after a year dust was coming and I thought that it would be nice to write anything down... And since I don't really have any problem I took this subject that concerns everyone here (or almost).
    Perhaps we should switch to something else... Or not lol
    (I should probably go back to work and leave all this)
    Craigh nà Duhn
    Interne en Guadeloupe

Jeune Membre Avatar de dr debock

on the same flow
    first of all sorry for my english i'm from an african bilingual country , have been living in france for 5 year and have got some special () english lesson durin g my P2 and my D1 that did not improve at all my english

so , i have difficulties to have friends among my colleague.sometimes i even feel too strange as i fell guilty to stay alone despite i have tried different way to meet friend.from talking about my country to even try to be more 'opened' as medical student...i said more 'opened' just because culturally there are some points our tradition are different . we don't loudly joke about sex , we don't find funny to be insult, we used to be clear , i mean with less hypocrisism in our relationship ....

not that i am unhappy and so sad i don't like france. but sometimes i feel so alone i over missed my country.of course i have african friend , but here in poitiers we are from P2 to D4 about 4 africans..and i find it so cute and interesting to learn a different culture
    may be you could be my friends

sorry , my nerves laid down
    needing more sunshine...

Année
    DES 4

Well, there's sure cultural differences between Europe and Africa (where're you from in Africa, by the way ?)

I'm not surprised jokes about sex and the way we speak to each other seems quite rude for an outsider. The thing is, we're very rarely serious about it. I mean, if someone tells one of his friends he's a lazy bastard or whatever, he most probably doesn't mean it. Besides, friends are the only ones you abuse without meaning it, because there's an understanding that friends won't bother - or, rather, answer back the same way . Doing it with someone you don't know or who is your superior is very rude and over-familiar.
    As for hypocrisy... could you be more precise ? I don't understand what exactly bothers you. Of course we try to stay polite with people we don't like, because we have to work with them... Isn't it the same everywhere ?

Année
    DES 1

Citation Envoyé par dr debock Voir le message
    got some special () english lesson durin g my P2 and my D1 that did not improve at all my english
    Ahem... I don't see what you mean, our lovely "english teacher" is of great help to practise english Ask Dunedune (remember 3 years ago in Moussac )

You might feel strange among your colleagues because some of them really are !!! (for instance crazyshrimpman! ).
    That might even be a good sign!
    Don't be depressed, if ye need to talk just do it (and don't stay "hidden" and alone)!

See ye
    Craigh nà Duhn
    Interne en Guadeloupe

Année
    DES 1

My dear colleagues,
    I wish you a happy new year.
    May 2011 ( sorry) brings you happiness, serenity and success.
    See ye evry'ne!
    Craigh nà Duhn
    Interne en Guadeloupe

Année
    DES 4

Happy new year to all of you !

Membre Confirmé Avatar de MA1
    Année
    DES 2

Citation Envoyé par Loulou 86
    May 2011 ( sorry)
    Nice one
    Godt Nytår også !!

Jeune Membre Avatar de Aisling
    Année
    Futur PAES

It's quite a pity that nobody continued to write down some stuff on this page, I mean, even if someone's english isn't perfect (and mine is far from being it!) it can be a real release to express yourself in another language. The fact is that this conversation started with the issue of allowing people to write down their problems. I don't really have one, except the fact that I'm going to start my studies in less than a year and I still can't imagine it, I just can't accept the fact that it really is happening and that I'll be able to study the most important to me, since I was a child. I may seem to be exaggerating but isn't medecine, it's progress and particularly the help you can give someone what is giving us the faith to go forward, even if it's hard? I think that every student here has his own reasons for being a medical student, but we all want the same thing in a certain way, achieve the same goal and finally become what we have all dreamt of : being the one that is in the end giving a second chance.
    I'm really sorry if this post is out of topic, but I really wanted to write it down.
    "Where ever you go, there you are. Going day by day, so lets see where it will takes me"

Discussions similaires

1. Le topic des D4 !
    Par popeyetonkou dans le forum Le forum des externes
    Réponses: 4
    Dernier message: 09-02-2010, 11:26
  2. LE topic [ B.U ] !
    Par Tom Sawyer dans le forum La Corpo
    Réponses: 48
    Dernier message: 24-03-2009, 05:43
  3. Topic à ch...
    Par Ritaline dans le forum Rodriguez au pays des merguez
    Réponses: 31